from the Detroit Free Press
Ten high school players have been named finalists for Miss Volleyball in Michigan.
Finalists were selected by the Michigan Interscholastic Volleyball Coaches Association. This year’s bunch includes:
- Abbey Malinowski, Clarkston: Outside hitter/setter and Michigan commitment.
- Abryanna Cannon, Novi: Outside hitter helped Novi to Class A state title in 2016.
- Erin O’Leary, Novi: Setter was 2016 Gatorade Player of the Year and USA TODAY All-America. U-M commit.
- Hailey Delacher, Rockford: Setter committed to Bradley University. Helped Rockford to state runner-up finish in 2016.
- Kiana Mayer, Bronson: Setter helped Bronson to repeat Class C state titles.
- Maria Mallon, Anchor Bay: Outside hitter committed to Cincinnati.
- Sophie Riemersma, Zeeland East: Outside hitter/middle blocker committed to Miami (Ohio).
- Madison Gates, Grand Rapids Christian: Setter committed to play at IPFW.
- Madison Whitfield, Saline: Middle blocker committed to Central Michigan.
Gaby Harper, Caledonia: Outside hitter committed to Miami (Ohio).
Congratulations, Maddy! A well-deserved honor!!!